The Spohrer Family

We are so blessed to have such beautiful girls. We want to share our blessings with family and friends. Keep you all up to date on what's going on in our daily life. Enjoy the insanity!


Tuesday, October 14, 2008

3 Years of REMISSION!! Yeah!

Well, it has now been 3 years since I found out my cancer was in remission. THANK YOU GOD!! It feels like just yesterday Scott and I were sitting in the surgeon's office hearing that terrible dreaded word- CANCER. It hit like a ton of bricks. I immediately thought I was going to die. My sweet little babies(Hannah-3 & Hadley-1) were going to grow up with-out me. I would miss their first day of kindergarten. I wouldn't be around to help them with homework, to wipe their tears when they fell down or if someone made fun of them at school, give advice on friends, meet their first boyfriend, see them all dressed up for prom, help plan their wedding, and on and on......

And my sweet baby Hope, who was never supposed to be. I was told the chemo would make me infertile. Against all odds I got pregnant- ACCIDENTLY! She is my miracle girl in more ways than one. She is my hero. She is a fighter! Enduring her broken heart. I am so thankful that her heart has been repaired and I pray that it will hold out. I do not want her to suffer any more pain or any more surgeries.

Thank you God for allowing me to beat this thing. I hope to be around for a long long time! To watch the girls grow, to be there for all their firsts. They are my life, my precious angels- they are what I live for..... to make sure they grow up to be strong, happy and healthy young women!

Hope for a cure!! And in honor of breast cancer awareness month.....Save the tata's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, where is the tissues!!!! You stated that so beautifully! You are an amazing woman Laura!! I cannot even imagine the ups and downs and the emotional rollercoaster you have been on these past 3 years!! I give you major props for all you have endured and conqured!!
CONGRATS!!!!!
Love ya
Lindsey

julie said...

Oh my gosh, Laura that was beautifully written! As a mother, wife, daughter and sister I couldn't imagine what you went through! You are an amazing mother and it shows through your gorgeous daughters! God is using your experience as a testimony to others! I'm so proud to call you friend!
Love ya
julie